Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grace is my favorite color.

Warning.

If you begin reading this, you have to make a promise to me that you'll read the entire thing. There are points I make that are later cleared up in the end, so please don't get mad and then shut your computer before finishing the article. After you've read it all, then comment away! But I'm begging you, from one computer screen to another, please commit to finishing this entire post once you start. Thanks! Here we go...














I'm about to get your blood pumping in about .2 seconds.

Homosexuality.
No matter which way you lean on this issue, there's no doubt in my mind you're now at the edge of your seat, wondering if I agree or disagree with you. Already in your head composing a comment towards this post, and, if you're anything like me, you might be tapping your leg up and down, trying to let out some tension.

I know this is an emotion-based topic. And a dangerous one to talk about.

But, I've been doing a lot of thinking. And talking. And talking about thinking, and thinking about the talking. And I've come to some interesting realizations between the church and homosexuality.

It's no secret the church as a majority doesn't agree with this. And for a very good reason. There is verse after verse in the Bible, where it is stated clearly that homosexuality is a sin. Black and white. No getting around it.

Don't stop reading yet.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Did you see the highlighted sin? Of course you did, it's highlighted, that's what we're talking about, it's the first thing your eyes scanned to when you saw the Bible verse.

But we've missed something.

Those who indulge in sexual sin.

Here's the thing, in Romans it says homosexuality came from lust. And every time I hear a Christian say this, I hear the counter argument that homosexuals truly love each other.
And I truly believe that.

Because, regardless of who you are, think about your best friend. I'm thinking about mine. She's amazing. I trust her advice, her judgement, her character. I remember all the late night phone calls, silly jokes, meaningful discussions. I love hanging out with her, any chance I get. I honestly don't know how I'd ever live without her, if anything ever happens to her, I know a part of my heart will be missing.

I love her.

If anyone told me I couldn't be around her, we would have issues. Because she is my favorite person.
So I understand what homosexuals are saying.

In retrospect though, just because you love someone doesn't mean you sleep with them.

And this sucks. It's hard. If you have a true love for someone, and are sexually attracted to them, you want to express that love through being intimate. I know this. I've had hormones. And I've had boyfriends.

But that's where sin comes in. Because God makes it super clear that sex is supposed to be reserved for a man and a wife. (Dude and chick who are promised to each other, forever.)

Please, keep reading.

Here's the thing I've recently realized though. Being gay is just the same as having issues with lust. That's really all it is. It's just issues with lust for a different gender. And, everyone I've ever known has had issues with lust.

So, in retrospect, being gay is normal.

Hear me out: Since the beginning of time guys have lusted over girls and vise versa. There are countless poems in history that men have written about the female body. It's an obvious fact that we're subconsciously drawn to each other's bodies. We crave sex. Even with people God doesn't plan for us to be with.

I understand if you are a "homo"sexual. I am a "lust"sexual, along with the rest of the world.

But just because we feel something, doesn't mean we act on it.

I think men lusting after men is wrong. But, I also believe men lusting after women is wrong too. And women after men and women after women.

The only reason people think homosexuality is so creepily weird is because it's only "okay" for a man to lust after a woman. That's society's rules and it's become what's expected.

In this, I'm not saying we should start accepting homosexuality as okay. But we should in fact stop accepting straight lust as okay too. Lust is lust.

But the great thing is, there's another part to that Bible verse, a second part. The end of the verse reads:
"Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."



Lust is so hard to get over. It's a daily struggle. But that's why we have God. He doesn't tell us these things are wrong to embarrass us, He says this to help us. We need to turn to Him through any sin, but I think as a society, we especially need to turn to Him with this.

Love everyone. That's great. But when it comes to sleeping with people, God makes it super clear that the bed is supposed to be between a man and a woman. Who are married. To each other.


I don't really know how to end this, so I'll just stop here. I hope I didn't offend anyone, though I'm sure I did, and I am truly sorry. I know lust is a universal thing. It's something we all need to examine, and I believe it's something we all need to change the way we think about.

If you are confused on my beliefs PLEASE comment or facebook message me.
Thanks for reading. I hope you don't hate me now. <:)

Live without pretense. Love. Drink more water.
A.Diez